DATE: January 8, 2018
MEDIA CONTACT: Lori Shepard
Office of Public Communications
BROWARD COUNTY, FL - County governmental offices will be closed on Monday, January 15th, in observance of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. Many online services such as ePay are still available at Broward.org. Additional exceptions include:
- All branches of the Broward County Library will be closed. Customers can visit the County Library's website or download the Libraries' free mobile app, BCL WOW, to search the online catalog, place holds, and renew selected materials.
- All Broward County regional and neighborhood parks, nature centers and natural areas will be open with the exception of Deerfield Island Park and the Target Range at Markham Park, which will be closed per normal operating schedules. The regional parks' holiday gate entrance fee of $1.50/person (children 5 and under free) will be in effect.
- Broward County Transit will operate regular bus service. Customer service representatives will be available to provide trip-planning assistance from 7AM to 7:45PM, while Paratransit representatives will be available from 8AM to 7PM at 954-357-8400 (TTY 954-357-8302). Ask an agent about route detours and other information, or visit our website. Customer service staff will also be available at the Broward Main Terminal in downtown Fort Lauderdale from 6AM to 8PM and at the Northeast Transit Center in Pompano Beach from 6:30AM to 2:30PM.
- Broward's Port Everglades administrative offices will be closed; however, the building will remain open during normal business hours for tenants. Port Operations' marine services will be provided at standard levels without interruption on a 24/7 basis.
- The Aviation Department administrative offices at Broward County's Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport will be closed. Calls will be answered 24 hours a day for general airport related questions at 954-359-6100. All terminals and airport facilities will operate normally. For additional Airport information visit FLL.net or follow us on Twitter.com/FLLFlyer.
The North Perry Airport administrative office will be closed. Calls will be answered 24 hours a day for general airport related questions at 954-359-1016. The Airport will operate normally. For additional information on North Perry Airport, visit here.
- Broward County's Animal Care and Adoption Center will be closed. For emergencies only involving animal attacks or bites, injured animals and situations requesting police assistance, call 911. For non-emergency situations, residents can call Animal Care beginning Tuesday, at 8:30AM at 954-359-1313. Residents who have found a litter of kittens can find helpful information here. For lost and found cats or dogs, call 954-359-1313, ext. 9273. Visit our website to search pet license information and adoption online.
- The Office of the Medical Examiner and Trauma Services' administrative offices will be closed, but all family and professional services are available 24/7. Call 954-357-5200 for information and assistance or visit our website.
- The Broward Addiction Recovery Center will be open for triage/detoxification services. Call 954-357-4880 for additional information and assistance. Residential services will continue with no visitors or admissions. Administration, Admissions and Outpatient offices will be closed.
- The Nancy J. Cotterman Center will operate and accept referrals for the Crisis Intake Unit and the Child Protection Team on a 24-hour emergency basis. Call 954-357-5778 for emergency intakes. For all other non-intake emergencies, call the 24-hour Helpline at 954-761-7273 (954-761-RAPE) or TTY 954-765-4195. The administrative offices will be closed for the day.
- Garbage, bulk and recycling for Broward Municipal Services District will be collected as regularly scheduled. Residents of all other cities should contact their city or hauler directly.
- The Broward County Landfill, located at 7101 SW 205 Ave., will be closed.
For more information on Broward County holiday closings, call 954-357-6990. Hearing and speech-impaired individuals should call 954-831-3940 TTY.