DATE: February 10, 2017
MEDIA CONTACT: Ric Barrick, Assistant Director
Office of Public Communications
BROWARD COUNTY, FL - County governmental offices will be closed on Monday, February 20th, in observance of the Presidents' Day national holiday. Many online services, such as ePay, are still available at Broward.org. Additional exceptions include:
- All branches of the Broward County Library, with the exception of Nova Southeastern University Alvin Sherman Library, will be closed. The Nova Southeastern Alvin Sherman Library will be open from 7:30AM to 11PM.
Customers can visit the County Library's website, or download the Libraries' free mobile app, BCL WOW, to search the online catalog, place holds, and renew selected materials.
- All Broward County regional and neighborhood parks, nature centers and natural areas will be open with the exception of Deerfield Island Park and the Target Range at Markham Park, which will be closed per normal operating schedule. The regional parks' regular weekend and holiday gate entrance fee of $1.50/person (children 5 and under free) will be in effect.
- Broward County Transit will operate regular service. Customer service representatives will be available to provide trip-planning assistance from 7AM to 7:45PM, while Paratransit representatives will be available from 8AM to 7PM at 954-357-8400 (TTY 954-357-8302) and at the Broward Main Terminal in downtown Fort Lauderdale from 6AM to 8PM. The Northeast Transit Center in Pompano Beach will operate under normal business hours and will have customer service staff available from 6:30AM to 2:30PM. Visit our website for more information.
- Broward County's Animal Care and Adoption Center will be closed. For emergencies only involving animal attacks or bites, injured animals, and situations requesting police assistance, call 911. For non-emergencies, residents can call Animal Care beginning Tuesday, at 8:30AM at 954-359-1313. For lost and found cats or dogs, call 954-359-1313, ext. 9273. Visit our website to search pet license information and adoption online.
- The Aviation Department administrative offices at Broward County's Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport will be closed. Calls will be answered 24 hours a day for general airport related questions at 954-359-6100. All terminals and airport facilities will operate normally. For additional Airport information, visit FLL.net or follow us on Twitter.com/FLLFlyer
The North Perry Airport administrative office will be closed. Calls will be answered 24 hours a day for general airport related questions at 954-359-1201. The Airport will operate normally. For additional information on North Perry Airport, visit NorthPerryairport.net.
- Broward County's Port Everglades administrative offices will be closed; however, the building will remain open during normal business hours for tenants. Port Operations' marine services will be provided at standard levels without interruption on a 24/7 basis.
- The Office of the Medical Examiner and Trauma Services' administrative offices will be closed, but all family and professional services are available 24/7. Call 954-357-5200 for information and assistance, or visit Broward.org/MedicalExaminer.
- The Broward Addiction Recovery Center will be open for triage/detoxification services. Call 954-357-4880 for additional information and assistance. Residential services will continue with no visitors or admissions. Administration, Admissions and Outpatient offices will be closed.
- The Nancy J. Cotterman Center, formerly the Broward County Sexual Assault Treatment Center, will operate and accept referrals for the Crisis Intake Unit and the Child Protection Team on a 24-hour emergency basis. Call 954-357-5778 for emergency intakes. For all other non-intake emergencies, call the 24-hour hotline at 954-761-7273 (954-761-RAPE) or TTY 954-765-4195. The administrative offices will be closed for the day and will reopen Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
- Garbage, bulk and recycling for Broward's Municipal Services Districts (formerly Unincorporated Broward) will be collected as regularly scheduled. Residents of all other cities should contact their city or hauler directly.
- The Broward County Landfill, located at 7101 S.W. 205 Ave., will be closed.
For more information, call 954-357-6990. Hearing- and speech-impaired individuals should call 954-831-3940 TTY.