DATE: June 18, 2014
MEDIA CONTACT: Jasmine Maignan Jones, Community Relations and Outreach Manager
BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. – What do you want from your business? How do you get it? No one knows a business better than its owner. The Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development will present Listening to Your Business™, a series of free workshops, part of the Kauffman FastTrac® program that gives experienced entrepreneurs the tools needed to develop a three-year vision with goals and strategies for their business. The workshops provide business owners the opportunity to:
- Examine their business' current strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Visualize their business three years from now.
- Formulate an internal planning process to establish interim goals and strategies.
- Identify resources to assist in reaching business goals.
- Examine and respond to challenges and transitions.
Broward County small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs are invited to attend one of the free workshops offered on the following days:
• Thursday, June 26, 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. • North Regional Library/Broward College Library,1100 Coconut Creek Blvd., Room 226, Coconut Creek
• Wednesday, July 23, 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. • Miramar Branch Library, 2050 Civic Center Place, Miramar
• Wednesday, July 30, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. • Hollywood Branch Library, 2600 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood
• Wednesday, August 6, 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. • African-American Research Library. 2650 Sistrunk Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
The workshop series is free and open to the public; however, preregistration is required. Space is limited to 15 participants per workshop. For more information on the Listening to Your Business™ workshops or to RSVP for the seminar, contact Herb Parlato, Economic Development Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-357-5672. Individuals requiring accommodations must make a request prior to the scheduled workshop.
For more information on the Office of Economic and Small Business Development and its service offerings, call 954-357-6400 or visit Broward.org/EconDev.
About Economic and Small Business Development
The mission of the Office of Economic and Small Business Development is to enhance Broward County's economy and contribute to an improved quality of life for all residents. Areas of focus include value-added job creation, business expansion and retention, small business growth, business development, international trade development, export readiness and entrepreneurial training and development. Services are delivered by the agency and through partnerships with state, local and private sector organizations. The Office of Economic and Small Business Development promotes equal access to Broward County procurement opportunities for small business enterprises in local and federal small business programs, and helps position small businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs to take advantage of opportunities, and grow their businesses beyond Broward County. Call 954-357-6155 for more information or visit Broward.org/EconDev.