DATE: June 19, 2014
CONTACT: Ron Pollworth
Office of Public Communications
BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. - Broward County governmental offices will be closed Friday, July Fourth, in observance of Independence Day. However, many online services, such as ePay, are still available at Broward.org. Additional clarifications and exceptions are as follows:
• All branches of the Broward County Library will be closed, but customers can visit the library's website, Broward.org/Library, or download the Libraries' free mobile app, BCL WoW, to search the online catalog, place holds and renew selected materials.
• All Broward County regional and neighborhood parks, nature centers and natural areas will be open, with the exception of Deerfield Island Park, which will be closed per normal operating schedule. The regional parks' regular weekend and holiday gate entrance fee of $1.50 per person (children 5 and under free) will be in effect. For more information, visit Broward.org/Parks.
• Broward County Transit will operate Sunday, holiday schedules and customer service representatives will be available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. The Broward Central Terminal in downtown Fort Lauderdale and the Northeast Transit Center in Pompano Beach will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on July Fourth. For information, call 954-357-8400 (TTY 954-357-8302) or visit Broward.org/BCT.
• Animal Care and Adoption Center will be closed. An Animal Care officer will be on duty to handle emergencies involving animal attacks or bites, injured animals and police requesting assistance. For these emergencies, call Central Dispatch at 954-765-5124 or 954-765-5125. For Lost and Found cats or dogs, call 954-359-1313 ext. 9273. To search pet license information online, visit Broward.org/Animal.
• The Aviation Department administrative offices at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport will be closed. Calls will be answered 24 hours a day for general airport related questions at 954-359-6100. All terminals and airport facilities will operate normally. For additional Airport information, visit FLL.net or follow us on Twitter.com/FLLFlyer. The North Perry Airport administrative office will be closed. Calls will be answered 24 hours a day for general airport related questions at 954-359-1016. The airport will operate normally. For additional information on North Perry Airport, visit NorthPerryAirport.net.
• The Port Everglades administration offices will be closed; however, the building will remain open during normal business hours for tenants. Port Operations' marine services will be provided at standard levels without interruption on a 24/7 basis. For more information on Port Everglades, visit PortEverglades.net.
• The Office of the Medical Examiner and Trauma Services' administrative offices are closed, but all family and professional services are available 24/7. Call 954-357-5200 for information and assistance, or visit Broward.org/MedicalExaminer.
• The Broward Addiction Recovery Center will be open for triage/detoxification services. Call 954-357-4880 for additional information and assistance. Residential services will continue, but no visitors or admissions. Administration, Admissions and Outpatient offices will be closed.
• The Nancy J. Cotterman Center, formerly the Broward County Sexual Assault Treatment Center, will operate and accept referrals for the Crisis Intake Unit and the Child Protection Team on a 24-hour emergency basis. Call 954-357-5778 for emergency intakes. However, the administrative offices will be closed. For all other non-intake emergencies, call the 24-hour hotline at 954-761-7273 (954-761-RAPE) or TTY 954-765-4195.
• For residents of unincorporated Broward County, regularly scheduled garbage, bulk waste and recycling collection services will take place. Residents of all other cities should contact their hauler directly for scheduling information.
• The Broward County Southwest Regional Landfill, located at 7101 S.W. 205 Ave. will be closed. For more information, call 954-357-5330.
For more information, call 954-357-6990. Hearing- and speech-impaired individuals should call 954-831-3940 TTY.