DATE: July 1, 2013
Kids enjoy free lunch this summer at select Broward County Libraries!
MEDIA CONTACT: Nancy Murray, Libraries Division
From now through August 16, participating Broward County Libraries Division locations, in conjunction with Sisters for Abundant Living, will provide free lunch and afternoon snacks for children ages 18 and under. The meals, which are made possible by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services’ Summer BreakSpot program, meet nutritional United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) guidelines. All lunches and snacks will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The following Broward County Library locations will be serving free meals to children this summer:
- Carver Ranches Library, 4735 S.W. 18 St., West Park, FL 33023, 954-357-6245
Please call for days and times.
- Jan Moran Collier City Learning Library, 2800 N.W. 9 Ct., Pompano Beach, FL, 954-357-7670
Monday-Friday: Lunch served from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Snack served from 4 to 4:30 p.m.
- Lauderdale Lakes Library/Education and Cultural Center, 3580 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Lauderdale Lakes, FL, 33311, 954-357-8650
Monday and Tuesday: Lunch served from 3 to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday: 1 to 2 p.m. No snack served at this location
- Lauderhill Towne Centre Library, 6399 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Lauderhill, FL 33313, 954-357-6406.
Monday and Tuesday: Lunch served from 3 to 4 p.m. Thursday and Saturday: Lunch served from 1 to 2 p.m. No snack served at this location.
- North Regional/Broward College Library, 1100 Coconut Creek Blvd., Coconut Creek, FL 33066, 965-201-2600
Tuesday: Lunch served from 4 to 5 p.m.; Thursday: Lunch served from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Northwest Library, 1580 N.W. 3 Ave, Pompano Beach, FL 33068, 954-357-6599
Monday-Thursday and Saturday: Lunch served from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Snack served from 3:30 to 4 p.m.
- Riverland Library, 2710 W. Davie Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312, 954-357-7455 Monday-Thursday and Saturday: Lunch served from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Snack served from 3:30 to 4 p.m.
- Tyrone Bryant Branch Library, 2230 N.W. 21 Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311, 954-357-8210
Monday, Wednesday,Thursday and Saturday: Lunch served from 1 to 2 p.m. Tuesday: Lunch served from 12 noon to 1 p.m. Mon-Thursday and Saturday: Snack served from 3:30 to 4 p.m.
For more information about free summer meals at Broward County Library locations, please contact Nancy Murray, Youth Services Administrator, 954-357-7406, email@example.com.
The award-winning Broward County Libraries Division, founded in 1974, is the ninth largest library system in the nation by population served and one of the busiest, with more than 9 million walk-in customers visiting its 40 locations annually. The library has more than 3.4 million items and 2,000 computers for public use and offers hundreds of events and programs to meet the needs of Broward County's diverse community. The library continues its strong emphasis on literacy, after-school programs and electronic access. In addition to our comprehensive Web site, broward.org/library, which provides information about library activities, links to online catalogs, reference information and databases, customers can visit BCL WoW - Broward County Library Without Walls – for free eBooks, music, audiobooks, apps and more. Customers may also follow Libraries on Facebook and Twitter. Libraries Division also administers the services, programs, collections and exhibits of the Historical Commission.