Date: May 22, 2013
Contact: Doris Williams, Broward County Transit Division
Effective on Sunday, May 26, Broward County Transit (BCT) will make service adjustments on Routes 1, 14, 18, University Breeze, 595 Express Sunrise/Miami Brickell, 95 Express Miramar and 95 Express Pembroke Pines. Shuttle service will be added on Route 18 between Turtle Creek Drive and Sandalfoot Boulevard. The service adjustments are in response to passenger concerns about overcrowding, on-time performance and overall service reliability on the routes.
Details of the service adjustments are as follows:
Effective Sunday, May 26
Route 1 - Weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays
• Weekday service will be adjusted from every 15 to every 17 minutes during morning peak hours and middays; afternoon peak hours will be adjusted to approximately every 18 minutes
• Weekday service between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. will improve from every 30 to every 18 minutes
• Weekday northbound service from Aventura Mall will start at 5:17 a.m. instead of at 5:30 a.m.
• Southbound service will be extended at Hallandale Beach Boulevard to Aventura Mall on the last two weeknight and Saturday night trips
• Saturday and Sunday service will be adjusted from every 20 to every 22 minutes
• Service will improve from every 30 to every 22 minutes between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
• Saturday northbound service from Aventura Mall will depart at 5:19 a.m. instead of at 5:30 a.m.
• Sunday northbound service from Aventura Mall will be added at 6:20 a.m. and 6:42 a.m.; earlier southbound service from Broward Central Terminal will be added at 6:17 a.m.
• Time points have been eliminated at Sheridan Street and U.S. 1 and at Southeast 17 Street and U.S. 1.
Route 14 - Weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays
• Weekday off-peak service will be adjusted from every 30 to every 35 minutes
• Weekday evening service from Hillsboro Boulevard will operate every 45 minutes between 7 p.m. and 9:55 pm.; evening service from Broward Central Terminal will operate every 45 minutes between 7 p.m. and 10:15 p.m.
• Saturday headways will be adjusted from every 40 to every 45 minutes; late evening headways will improve from every 60 to every 45 minutes
• Saturday last trip from Broward Central Terminal will depart at 10:15 p.m. instead of at 10 p.m.
Route 18 – Weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays
• Route 18 will temporarily end at Turtle Creek Drive and U.S. 441. Northbound passengers will be issued a free transfer to board the Shuttle route; southbound passengers will be issued a free transfer to board Route 18
• Weekday service will be adjusted from every 15 to approximately every 18 minutes; service between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. will improve from every 30 to every 15 minutes
• Saturday service will be adjusted from every 20 to every 25 minutes; evening service will improve from every 30/40 minutes to every 25 minutes
• Saturday northbound service from Golden Glades will depart earlier at 5:10 a.m. instead of at 5:35 a.m.
• Saturday northbound service from Lauderhill Mall will depart earlier at 5:30 a.m. instead of at 5:35 a.m.; last trip from Turtle Creek Drive will depart earlier at 10:45 p.m. instead of at 10:55 p.m.
• Sunday service will be adjusted from every 30 to every 35 minutes
• Last trips on Sunday from both Turtle Creek Drive and Golden Glades will depart at 9:45 p.m. instead of at 9:30 p.m.
Effective Tuesday, May 28
Shuttle (Route 18) - Weekdays, Saturdays (no Sunday service)
• Shuttle service will be temporarily added to Route 18 between Turtle Creek Drive and Sandalfoot Boulevard
• Shuttle will start at Turtle Creek Drive and U.S. 441 (Hess Station), northbound and southbound
• Operates every 34 minutes on weekdays and every 44 minutes on Saturdays
• Free transfers will be issued to passengers transferring between the Shuttle and Route 18
• Passengers boarding the Shuttle at stops between Turtle Creek Drive and Sandalfoot Boulevard will be required to pay the appropriate BCT fare
University Breeze – Weekdays
• Service will be adjusted from every 30 to every 35 minutes
• Last northbound trip departs Golden Glades at 8:10 a.m.; last evening trip departs at 6:35 p.m.
• Last southbound trip departs Westview Drive at 8:10 a.m.; last evening trip departs at 6:35 p.m.
• Number of time points will be reduced from 21 to 6 locations each way
95 Express Miramar – Weekdays
• Last three southbound morning trips will be adjusted to depart at 7:50 a.m., 8:10 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.
• Reverse southbound evening trip at 7:12 p.m. will depart 10 minutes earlier
• Additional 7:32 p.m. southbound reverse trip will be added
• Additional 8:07 p.m. northbound trip will depart from Northwest 19 Street and Northwest 12 Avenue
• Northbound evening trip at 7:42 p.m. will depart 5 minutes earlier.
95 Express Pembroke Pines – Weekdays
• Additional 6:25 a.m. southbound trip will be added
• Last two morning trips will depart 10 minutes earlier at 8 a.m. and 8:35 a.m.
595 Express Sunrise/Miami Brickell – Weekdays
• Northbound afternoon route will detour due to Brickell area construction: After completing the Brickell loop, buses will use Brickell Avenue between Southeast 8 Street and Southeast 7 Street
• Last two trips departing Brickell Station will be adjusted to 6:12 p.m. and 6:45 p.m.
For more details, passengers should refer to new schedules dated May 26, 2013, visit broward.org/bct or call the customer service center at 954-357-8400; TTY 954- 357-8302.
About Broward County Transit
Broward County Transit (BCT), the second largest public transportation system in Florida, provides convenient, economical and eco-friendly alternatives to driving a car. Close to 40 million annual passengers commute on fixed-route, limited stop and express bus services and many connect to Miami-Dade Transit, Palm-Tran and Tri-Rail. The fleet consists of 313 buses of which 81 are diesel/hybrid, and all are equipped with wheelchair/scooter lifts and bike racks. Mini-buses provide Community Bus Service in partnership with 18 Broward municipalities. The Paratransit (TOPS) program provides transportation for persons unable to use the fixed-route bus system. Customer service is available seven days a week, including holidays, at 954-357-8400; TTY 954-357-8302. The Broward County Transit website contains information on all services, a link to Google™ Transit and an option to receive the Transit Flash e-newsletter. Customers can also follow BCT on Facebook and YouTube.