DATE: March 27, 2013
MEDIA CONTACT: André Slintak, Project Manager
Broward County Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division
Broward County boaters are advised that the Marshall Drawbridge located at Southwest Fourth and Seventh avenues in Fort Lauderdale will be locked down from 9:30 p.m. on Sunday, March 31, until 2 p.m. on Monday April 1, for repairs.
Commercial and recreational vessels, which would normally require an opening of this bridge, should plan and/or schedule all of their trips and operations before or after this lockdown period.
Broward County's Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division is performing scheduled maintenance and repairs to the bridge that includes installing concrete wheel paths on the open-grid, steel deck on the drawbridge; and a counterweight ballast.
During the maintenance period, residents of the affected area and frequent users of Southwest Fourth/Seventh Avenue (Avenue of the Arts) should expect the following:
• Southwest Fourth/Seventh Avenue (Marshall) Drawbridge will be closed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic from 10 p.m. March 28 to 2 p.m. April 1.
• Southwest Fourth Avenue, north of Southwest Sixth Street, and Southwest Seventh Avenue, south of West Broward Boulevard, will be restricted to local traffic only. No through traffic will be permitted.
• Southwest Fourth Avenue will be closed north of Southwest Fifth Street and Southwest Seventh Avenue will be closed south of West Las Olas Boulevard.
• Motorists and pedestrians should consider Andrews Avenue, Southeast Third Avenue or U.S.1/Federal Highway Tunnel as alternate routes.
• A detour will be in place directing motorists to use Andrews Avenue to cross the New River.
A portion of this project is being executed through joint funding and participation with the City of Fort Lauderdale. For more information, call André Slintak at 954-383-5009 or email email@example.com.
A map of the project area and project flier are attached, below.