DATE: March 11, 2013
MEDIA CONTACT: Michael Mills
WHAT: Broward County Parks and Recreation Division announces the schedule for Aquatics Season 2013, at the Division’s four water parks: Castaway Island at T.Y. Park, Paradise Cove at C.B. Smith Park, Splash Adventure at Quiet Waters Park, and Tropical Splash at Central Broward Regional Park & Stadium.
The water parks will open on Friday, March 22 for the upcoming spring break and remain open daily, 9:30 a.m. to 5:20 p.m., through Sunday, March 31. They’ll be open Saturdays and Sundays only for the month of April. Here is the detailed schedule:
WHERE: Castaway Island at T.Y. (Topeekeegee Yugnee) Park, 3300 N. Park Rd., Hollywood 33021; 954-357-8811
- March 22-31 – daily
- April 6-28 – Saturdays and Sundays
- May 2-June 2 – Thursdays-Sundays
- May 27 (Memorial Day)
- June 6-August 18 – daily
- August 22-September 1 – Thursdays-Sundays
- September 2 (Labor Day)
- September 7-29 – Saturdays and Sundays
- October 5-27 – Saturdays and Sundays (Paradise Cove only)
Paradise Cove at C.B. Smith Park, 900 N. Flamingo Rd., Pembroke Pines 33028; 954-357-5170
Splash Adventure at Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Rd., Deerfield Beach 33442; 954-357-5100
Tropical Splash at Central Broward Regional Park & Stadium, 3700 N.W. 11th Place, Lauderhill 33311; 954-357-5400
WHEN: Friday, March 22-Sunday, September 29 (Sunday, October 27 at Paradise Cove); 9:30 a.m.-5:20 p.m.
WHO: For all ages.
- $8/day at Castaway Island, $5 after 3 p.m.
- $9.50/day at Paradise Cove, $6.50 after 3 p.m.
- $5/session when sessions are in effect at Splash Adventure and Tropical Splash, $5/day when sessions are not in effect (call to confirm whether sessions are in effect)
Applicable Florida sales tax will be added to all the above fees.
- Bronze Level: Tropical Splash and Splash Adventure - $40/individual and $120/family (up to six members)
- Silver Level: Tropical Splash, Splash Adventure and Castaway Island - $64/individual and $192/family (up to six members)
- Gold Level: All water parks above plus Paradise Cove - $76/individual and $228/family (up to six members)
For further information, call the park of your choice: C.B. Smith at 954-357-5170, Central Broward Regional at 954-357-5400, Quiet Waters at 954-357-5100, or T.Y. at 954-357-8811. All four parks are accessible via Broward County Transit: Routes #3, #5, #7, #23, and 95 EXPRESS for C.B. Smith; Routes #18, #36, #40, and #81 for Central Broward Regional; Routes #14 and #48 for Quiet Waters; and Routes #3, #12, and #17 for T.Y.
Find Us. Follow Us. Experience Us.
Founded in February 1956 and accredited by the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies, Broward County Parks and Recreation Division manages almost 6,500 acres, encompassing nearly 50 regional parks and nature centers, neighborhood parks, and natural areas at various stages of development. Facilities include water parks, campgrounds, a target range, a stadium, a skate park, an observatory, mountain bike trails, an educational farm with stables, and a velodrome and other sports facilities. Hours and fees vary by location. For more information, visit broward.org/parks.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations in order to participate in County programs, services, and activities must contact the Special Populations Section at 954-357-8170 or TTY 954-537-2844 at least 10 business days prior to the scheduled meeting or event to request an accommodation.