DATE: March 15, 2013
MEDIA CONTACT: André Slintak, Project Manager
Broward County Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division
Broward County's Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division will be constructing improvements and making scheduled repairs on the Southwest Fourth/Seventh Avenue (Marshall) Drawbridge over the weekend of March 28-April 1. The project should be completed by 2 p.m. Monday, April 1, barring any unforeseen conditions or weather delays.
The project involves installing concrete wheel paths on the open-grid, steel deck of the drawbridge; installing a counterweight ballast; and performing scheduled maintenance.
Residents of the affected area and frequent users of Southwest Fourth/Seventh Avenue (Avenue of the Arts) should expect the following:
• Southwest Fourth/Seventh Avenue (Marshall) Drawbridge will be closed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic from 10 p.m. March 28 to 2 p.m. April 1.
• Southwest Fourth Avenue, north of Southwest Sixth Street, and Southwest Seventh Avenue, south of West Broward Boulevard, will be restricted to local traffic only. No through traffic will be permitted.
• Southwest Fourth Avenue will be closed north of Southwest Fifth Street and Southwest Seventh Avenue will be closed south of West Las Olas Boulevard.
• Motorists and pedestrians should consider Andrews Avenue, Southeast Third Avenue or U.S.1/Federal Highway Tunnel as alternate routes.
• A detour will be in place directing motorists to use Andrews Avenue to cross the New River.
A portion of this project is being executed through joint funding and participation with the City of Fort Lauderdale. For more information, call André Slintak at 954-383-5009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A map of the project area and project flier are attached, below.