DATE: January 18, 2013
MEDIA CONTACT: Linda Merrill, ADA Coordinator
Broward County Aviation Department
Broward County residents are invited to attend the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Outreach Meeting about the agency’s new initiatives affecting the local senior and special needs populations on Wednesday, February 6, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Hollywood Branch Library located at 2600 Hollywood Blvd.
Guest speakers from TSA’s Office of Civil Rights and Liberties, Ombudsman and Traveler Engagement, Disability Branch include:
- Jeremy Buzzell, Acting Disability Branch Manager
- Bryan Hudson, Esq., Disability Branch Policy Advisor
- Tim Lewis, Federal Security Director
The meeting will focus on several topics including the TSA Cares Help Line (1-855-787-2227), a dedicated resource specifically for passengers with disabilities, medical conditions or other circumstances. The Help Line answers questions about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint. Other topics on the agenda include:
- Risk-Based Security for Travelers 75 and Older
- Passenger Support Specialists
- TSA Memorandum of Agreement with the Department of Homeland Security on Section 504 Enforcement
- Question and Answer Session
Those interested in attending should RSVP by Wednesday, January 30, to Linda Merrill, Americans with Disibilities Act Coordinator, Broward County Aviation Department, email@example.com or call 954-359-1030.
To learn more on TSA Cares, visit tsa.gov, click TRAVELERS WITH DISABILITIES AND MEDICAL CONDITIONS.