DATE: July 11, 2012
MEDIA CONTACT: Catherine McElrath
Join the eReader revolution with Broward County Library! Broward County Library has added five more libraries – African-American Research Library and Cultural Center, Century Plaza Branch, Imperial Point Branch, Pembroke Pines/Walter C. Young Resource Center and Stirling Road Branch – to the list of locations where customers can borrow a free eReader. There are now a total of 168 eReaders available for check out at 13 different Broward County Library locations countywide.
In order to borrow an eReader, customers must be 18 years of age or older, have no fines outstanding on their Broward County Library card account and show a current picture ID with an address that matches the one on their library registration. The eReaders must be picked up and returned to the same library, and only one eReader may be checked out to a household at one time for a period of two weeks. Fines are $2 per day if late and customers are responsible for full replacement costs and processing if eReader is damaged or not returned.
If you’ve never used an eReader before, you can learn with a Broward County Library staff member, as a 15-minute tutorial is required before check out. Each eReader comes pre-loaded with some classics chosen by librarians. Customers may not download materials to eReaders.
Check out an eReader at the following Broward County Library locations:
For more information, please contact Frank Marin, 954-201-2639, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- African-American Research Library and Cultural Center – Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Nook Color (8GB), Nook Simple Touch
- Century Plaza Branch – Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Nook Color (8GB), Nook Simple Touch
- Deerfield Beach Percy White Branch – Kindle, Nook, Nook Color, Sony PRS 350
- Imperial Point Branch – Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Nook Color (8GB), Nook Simple Touch
- Main Library – Kindle, Nook, Nook Color
- Margate Catharine Young Branch – Kindle and Nook Color
- Miramar Branch – Sony PRS 505 only
- Northwest Regional Library – Kindle, Nook, Nook Color, Sony PRS 350
- North Regional/Broward College Library – Kindle, Nook, Nook Color, Sony PRS 350 and 505
- Pembroke Pines/Walter C. Young Resource Center – Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Nook Color (8GB), Nook Simple Touch
- South Regional/Broward College Library – Kindle, Nook Sony PRS 350
- Stirling Road Branch – Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Nook Color (8GB), Nook Simple Touch
- Weston Branch – Kindle, Nook, Nook Color, Sony PRS 350.
The award-winning Broward County Libraries Division, founded in 1974, is the ninth largest library system in the nation by population served and one of the busiest, with more than 9 million walk-in customers visiting its 37 locations annually. The library has more than 3.4 million items and 2,000 computers for public use and offers hundreds of events and programs to meet the needs of the Broward County's diverse community. The library continues its strong emphasis on literacy, after-school programs and electronic access. In addition to our comprehensive and award-winning Web site, www.broward.org/library, which provides information about library activities, links to online catalogs, reference information and databases, customers can visit BCL WoW – Broward County Library Without Walls – for free eBooks, music, audiobooks, apps and more. Customers may also follow Libraries on Facebook and Twitter. Libraries Division also administers the services, programs, collections and exhibits of the Historical Commission.