DATE: June 26, 2012
CONTACT: Judy Sarver, Office of Public Communications
Broward County has won 10 awards in the 2011 National Association of County Information Officers (NACIO) Awards of Excellence Competition.
NACIO, an affiliate of the National Association of Counties with members from more than 3,000 counties, parishes and boroughs across the United States, holds the Awards of Excellence Competition each year to honor the best public information and community outreach efforts by local governments, in a variety of categories.
Recognitions are awarded in two size categories: for county populations less than 500,000 and populations of 500,000 and more. Broward County received three Superior, three Excellent and four Meritorious awards.
A complete list of the winning entries, including the name of the County agency that submitted the entry and its ranking, follows:
• “2011 Annual Report: Making an Impact,” Office of Public Communications, Superior
Annual Reports: Other Format
• “2012 Greater Fort Lauderdale Marketing Plan,” Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau, Superior
• “Electronic Annual Report: Making an Impact,” Office of Public Communications, Meritorious
• “2010 Water Quality Report - Our Best in Every Drop, “Water and Wastewater Services, Excellent
• “Earth Patrol,” Solid Waste and Recycling Services, Superior
• “Connection,” Libraries Division, Excellent
Computer Media: Internet and Intranet
• “Cultural Division Website,” Cultural Division, Meritorious
• “Sunny.org Greater Fort Lauderdale Tourism Mobile Site,” Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau, Excellent
Computer Media, Social Media
• Youtube, Parks and Recreation Division, Meritorious
• Facebook, Parks and Recreation Division, Meritorious