DATE: June 11, 2012
The construction zone includes Prospect Road between Northwest 8th Ave. and Andrews Ave.
MEDIA CONTACT: Anh Ton, Director
Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division
Broward County's Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division will be performing drainage rehabilitation along Prospect Road between Northwest 8th Avenue and Andrews Avenue in Oakland Park starting on June 15. The project should be completed by July 8, barring any unforeseen conditions or weather delays.
The project includes the replacement of a 36-inch storm water drain pipe that runs under westbound Prospect Road and the resurfacing of the affected area.
Residents of the affected area and those driving on Prospect Road should expect the following:
Construction will be performed by utilizing double shifts in order to shorten the project duration and lessen impacts to the community.
- Westbound Prospect Road will be temporarily narrowed to one lane.
- Outside lane adjacent to the sidewalk will serve as a westbound through lane.
- Access to all driveways will be maintained.
- Eastbound and westbound left turn lanes on Prospect Road within the project limits will be closed.
- All three eastbound lanes will remain open during construction.
- Construction in front of businesses and residents may not be continuous because the project is divided into several phases.