Date: February 22, 2012
Contact: Michael Mills, Parks and Recreation
WHAT: Park patrons have long suggested a season pass to their favorite water parks, and now such a pass is available. Frequent water-park visitors can save substantially by investing in a Find It All Multipurpose Card, available at all four county water parks listed below. If you plan to visit your favorite water park more than eight times between March 10 and the end of September, each visit after the eighth is in effect free – the card more than pays for itself.
Find It All cards are $76/person for Paradise Cove at C.B. Smith Park in Pembroke Pines; $64/person for Castaway Island at T.Y. Park in Hollywood; and $40/person for either Tropical Splash at Central Broward Regional Park & Stadium in Lauderhill or Splash Adventure at Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield Beach.
For an additional $25, your Find It All card can also be upgraded to cover, for one year, the weekend and holiday gate admission fee of $1.50/person (children 5 and under free) in effect at most regional parks. Some limitations and exclusions may apply; inquire at the park office when you purchase.
WHERE: Paradise Cove at C. B. Smith Park
900 N. Flamingo Rd., Pembroke Pines 33028
Tropical Splash at Central Broward Regional Park & Stadium
3700 N.W. 11th Place, Lauderhill 33311
Splash Adventure at Quiet Waters Park
401 S. Powerline Rd., Deerfield Beach 33442
Castaway Island at T.Y. Park
3300 N. Park Rd., Hollywood 33021
WHEN: The water parks will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:20 p.m. based on the following schedule in 2012:
• March 10-18 – daily
• March 24-April 29 – Saturdays and Sundays
• April 6 (Good Friday)
• May 3-June 10 – Thursday-Sunday
• June 11-August 19 – daily
• August 23-September 2 – Thursday-Sunday
• September 3 (Labor Day)
• September 8-30 – Saturdays and Sundays
WHO: For individuals of all ages.
HOW: Find It All cards are:
• $76/person for Paradise Cove at C.B. Smith Park in Pembroke Pines, where daily admission is regularly $9.50/person for all day, $6.50/person after 3 p.m.
• $64/person for Castaway Island at T.Y. Park in Hollywood, where daily admission is regularly $8/person for all day, $5/person after 3 p.m.
• $40/person for either Tropical Splash at Central Broward Regional Park & Stadium in Lauderhill or Splash Adventure at Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield Beach, where daily admission is regularly $5/person
For further information, call the park of your choice: C.B. Smith at 954-357-5170; Central Broward Regional at 954-357-5400; Quiet Waters at 954-357-5100; or T.Y. at 954-357-8811.
Founded in February 1956 and accredited by the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies, Broward County Parks and Recreation Division manages nearly 6,500 acres, encompassing 18 regional parks and nature centers, six neighborhood parks, and 21 natural areas at various stages of development. Facilities include water parks, campgrounds, a target range, a stadium, a skate park, an observatory, mountain bike trails, an educational farm with stables, and a velodrome and other sports facilities. Hours and fees vary by location. For more information, visit www.broward.org/parks.